SEAN PETER McGOVERN, R.A.
EDUCATION: NEW JERSEY INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, Newark, NJ
1992 Bachelor of Architecture- GPA=3.3
Honors: Deans List 1986-1992, Presidents List 1987
2nd Place Union County Art Exhibition
Scholarships: NJ Society of Architects 1989,1990
New Jersey licensed Architect #21AI017917
American Concrete Institute Level 1 certified field inspector 1993
Craig W. Brearley Architect, Manahawkin, NJ
Project Manager, July 2007-March 2013
- Produced construction documents for custom coastal residences
- Analyzed related zoning and building codes for development/planning.
- Produced site plans and coordinated with consulting Engineers.
- Responsible for field measuring of existing residences and documenting existing conditions.
CARL MECKY ARCHITECTURE AND PLANNING, Fair Lawn, NJ
Project Manager, October 2000-July 2007
- Worked on various commercial, residential, industrial and developmental projects in the Tri-state area.
- Visited sites and drafted proposals for potential new work.
- Produced construction documents for all above referenced work types using AutoCad release 14.
- Worked with Zoning and Building Officials as required for construction/planning administration.
- Participated in Zoning and Planning Board meetings and work shop sessions.
- Produced renderings and presentation boards for use at various meetings with clients/ town officials.
- Produced conceptual site plans for single and multifamily residential subdivisions/developments and dwellings.
- Produced construction documents for various additions/ add-a-levels/ knock downs/ prefabricated home foundation/piling installations/ gazebos and exterior decks in residential design.
- Created floor plans for new custom homes working directly with clients throughout the course of design development and construction.
- Worked with franchisee owners of Ford, Volkswagen, Porsche, Audi and personally produced construction documents for service and showroom facilities.
- Executed various laboratory fit outs including clean rooms/ office and processing facilities.
- Produced interior fit outs for office and office/industrial flex space plans.
- Worked with Civil/Structural and MEP consultants for production of construction documents.
- Met with clients to discuss concept plans, progress prints and final construction documents.
- Visited job sites under construction for QC for clients and reviewed construction field conditions for as-built or Building department related certification letters.
- Reviewed shop drawing submissions for approvals.
LEE LEVINE ARCHITECTS, PC, Hoboken, NJ
Project Manager, June 1993-October 2000
- Produced construction documents for various corporate stores including: Wendy’s, KFC, Taco Bell, Pizza Hut, Rite Aid Pharmacy, Starbuck’s Coffee, Dunkin’ Donuts, TOGO’s
- Produced construction plans for various residential projects.
- Prepared feasability studies for real estate/construction managers as directed by regional corporate development offices.
- Surveyed existing conditions for all types of commercial, residential and Mixed use and Industrial projects.
- Coordinated with corporate consultants regarding preliminary site and construction plans for corporate approvals.
- Coordinated with Structural/ Mechanical/ Lighting and Civil Engineers during all phases of work.
- Handled/Produced required form work for New York City Department of Buildings for permitting.
- Worked with expediters from initial filing of construction documents through final approvals/ inspections and C of O’s for New York City work.
- Reviewed shop drawing submissions for approval, coordinated paper work for in house consultant shop drawing reviews.
- Reviewed/ revised standard corporate construction documents for compliance with local codes and ordinances.
- Worked with geotechnical and environmental engineers on projects involving wetlands/flood plain requirements and DEP permits.
AAPACHE PRODUCTS, Linden, NJ
Tapered Technical Engineer- May 1993-June 1994
- Provided tapered insulation solutions for large scale commercial roofing projects.
- Worked with regional sales associates throughout the United States and Canada to produce competitive estimates for bidding of ongoing roofing jobs.
- Produced shop drawings and details using AutoCad for roofing system applications.
- Established final pricing and insured proficiency of projects from design thru delivery of materials to the job site.
PROFESSIONAL SERVICE INDUSTRIES, Edison, NJ
Senior Field Inspector- ACI Level 1, July 1992-May 1993
- Acted as subcontracted QA/QC representative at various municipal and commercial construction sites in the Tri-State Area to insure all work was completed in accordance to job specifications and contract drawings.
- Inspected formwork , performed slump tests, air entrainment tests, compressive strength and sieve tests for concrete work.
- Performed torque bolt testing and welding inspections for steelwork.
- Worked as resident field inspector at precast concrete plant to oversee State contracted work.
INTERESTS: Photography, Stained Glass and Water sports